Some Blasts from the Past

I was looking at some old commercials on You Tube tonight, which made me switch over to Retro Junk. If you haven't been over there yet, go check it out. You can relive your childhood and crack up.

Those of you from Long Island? How about this blast from the past!
The Dumpy the Pumpkin mold also made the George Washington Cherry Tree cake, Tom the Turkey Cookie Puss, Easter Chick, and about a half dozen others were made from that same mold.

Then, we found some retro McDonald's and Burger King Commercials. This one in particular cracked me up, because my first job was at a McDonald's with the identical layout. That shake machine style ensured that I would be wearing shake before my shift was through.



Next, let's show Chef Jr the video games we had as kids. Remember the Odyssey? I had one. We weren't allowed to put the overlays on the TV, though and we only ever played Pong, Jai Alai and Hockey, because the rest of the games were really lame.

At the bottom of the list was a Colecovision commercial. We had an Atari 2600, but my niece and nephew got the Colecovision and the controller was great, especially since they had Donkey Kong for it. The commercial was actually for the Coleco Tabletop Arcade. We watch it, and the guy getting his own Pac Man is a guy I went to high school with that I recently reconneced with on Facebook.



It was rather humorous to show Chef these old commercials, say "I know that guy", then show him some of the other commercials Brett had posted from back then. (Funnier still is that Ed was in a band with Brett's brother, but I've never met his brother.)

So, it was a trip down memory lane with a surprise twist back to high school, too.

How about you? Have you looked at RetroJunk or YouTube at stuff from when you were a kid and found cool stuff you'd forgotten or remembered and never thought you'd see again?

Comments

Saffa Chick said…
Hmm. I would, but that stuff is only fun when you share it, and I've got no saffas here to reminisce with!

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!