In The Velvet Darkness, of the Blackest Night...

Burning Bright, (what's up your @ss?)
There's a shining star (that must hurt)
No matter what or who you are...

Ahhh, Rocky Horror Picture Show. I've lost count of how many times I filled my handbag with toast, toilet paper, rice, cards, a bic lighter, newspaper, a water pistol and rubber gloves. Many a Friday or Saturday night in college, I'd either go with friends or hop a train to Lynbrook and see it solo.

It's on TV right now. That's like going to an amusement park and no one is there. The fun of RHPS is the AUDIENCE participation. The come backs to all the lines.

When I moved to Maryland, the nearest showing was in DC. Thus, the only time I got to yell "That man has no F'ing neck!" is when I went back up to Long Island for a weekend visit. Once here in Florida, one of my CM's portrayed Eddie in a Play Along cast at the theatre that shows it in St. Pete Beach. Too far for me to drive over and back home at 2am.

It ends up it is playing here in Lakeland. This weekend. How cool is that?

I may be forty something, but in my heart, I'm still a kid who wants to do the Time Warp!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome! LOVE RHPS!
ligirl said…
Oh, Sue...I SO missed you last Friday night...RHPS played at our famous downtown Florida Theatre. Many in the crowd dressed up and they only charged 5 bucks for the movie. I wanted to go SO badly, but had no one to go with. A major reason why I HATE, HATE, HATE living here...(but you know that) NO ONE TO PLAY WITH! My friend Cleo volunteers at the theatre and said that it sold out!!! So I am very hopeful that they will do this again. I told Cleo that they could probably charge TWICE that much and still get a great turnout!
Suzanne said…
We are SO doing this next year! Ed's afraid the locals won't know how to do it 'right', lol!

(It's not a Menudo concert anymore!)
Suzanne said…
Denise, thanks for stopping by. If you're ever in Central Florida for Halloween weekend, let me know!
it's just a jump to the left...and then a step to the right...

loved Rocky Horror in college.

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!