What's For Dinner Wednesday

Recently, I found a recipe for Root Beer Pulled Pork that sounded too good to be true. Put a Boston butt in the crock pot, add a quart of root beer and voila, in 5 hours, you have tender meat, ready for pulling.

I didn't believe it could be that simple, so the first time I made it, I added mustard and garlic to the country ribs that I had on hand. It turned out very tender and tasty. It still needed something, but I'm no sure what.

We know when a meal is a hit when the kids start nagging us to make it again. They started about a week ago-can we have the Root Beer Pulled Pork? It's gratifying to make something and know that you weren't the only one who liked it.

This time, I put the simplicity to the test with the Boston Butt that was waiting in the freezer. I decided to follow the recipe this time and only used the root beer. I discovered that it needs more than this-and I use name brand stuff. I ended up adding mustard, garlic and salt at the very end. I think it needs a bit of vinegar, so I'll try that next time.

Comments

that looks yummy.
Joyce-Anne said…
This has nothing to do with WFDW. However, I am including a comment from another post...
Oops. I am hanging my head in shame. I forgot to include another blog. http://www.suzannesez.blogspot.com/

I'm blaming my recent memory loss to motherhood (I have 3 and they keep me running).

Am I forgiven??????
Suzanne said…
Joyce, I hope you know I was just picking on you! :)

SB, It was yummy-but if you keep kosher, I'll have to do this with beef for you!

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!