NaBloPoMo, Take two!

Last October, I was nervous, excited and worried that I couldn't go the distance. That I'd fail in my quest. I tried anyway.

361 days later, I haven't missed a single day. Of blogging. Yeah, thirty days posting non stop SCARED me. That was last year. Now, I am so totally psyched that on the first of November, I can honestly say it has been a year since I last had a day where I haven't posted. Is it cheating that I'm doing both NaBloPoMo and Blog 365?

If you're contemplating participating in NaBloPoMo, I have a few things to say about the experience:

*You'll make some wonderful friends (waves at Sarah, Mary, Lotus and everyone else! I am now wondering why I thought I met more of you during NaBloPoMo!)

*It's easier if you have 'themed' days. If you don't like the ones that are out there, make up your own. Some of the themes I've seen: MeMe Monday, Talkback Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Thursday Thirteen, Fun Photo Friday, Scrolling Saturdays. There are even more out there. It gives you less pressure on a couple of days a week.

*Make a list of topics to use, in the event that you have a day with writer's block. I've got one to fall back on.

*If you have a great idea, but you've already posted for the day, draft the blog in Word and save it to post later. It was helpful during NaBloPoMo and Holidailies, now I sometimes am very wordy some days.

*Read, read and read some more. I can't tell you how many times I've borrowed a MeMe or been inspired by someone else's post to craft a reply or my opinion on the topic. Even better, link back to the post that inspired you and give the Linky Love.

Comment, comment, comment. It's free and it makes a person's day to know that what they say resonated with you. If you go back in my blog prior to last year's NaBloPoMo, the comments are sporadic, but now it's rare to have a no comment day. My personal commitment this year is to make at least three comments per day and it's been easy to do. (Even better, it's been fun!)

If you're intimidated, draft a friend to do NaBloPoMo along with you! BTW, Thanks for joining up last year, Mandy! :)

yeah, I need to add the linky love to this post-and I'll do that in a little bit.

Comments

Grandy said…
It's so NOT cheating to do blog 365 & Nablo at the same time. You're doing the work...you take the credit.

I haven't broken it to my family yet...but I'm in as flynt again this year. (Did I say that right?)
Suzanne said…
Yay! You're doing it, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously