Blog Question

I asked you all to delurk and only a few did-not even my hubby commented on that one. Do I really scare you all that much? I see hits from Lakeland; New Jersey; Michigan; England and a bunch of other places on a regular basis but have never seen a comment! (I see Kissimmeee now, too and I think that's because Jill is reading from her boyfriends house-cool!)

A blatant request for comments hasn't worked, so now I ask about something blog related. I've mentioned several times that my goal is 50 hits a day then I can justify going to a pay site. I'll be bugging Jeff for some help on the URL front, since he does that for a living. The thing that I'm pondering is the name.

Yes, I thought (and still think) the blog name was good, but not practical for a pointer or URL. You don't want to type all that, do you? Suzanne Sez bothers me because of the typo (and I thought says was taken, but my blog twin proved me wrong!). I don't want to name the blog that because it's not me. It's plain vanilla when I want rocky road!

I came up with a name the other day, but I want to know if its dorky. Suztenance, a play on my name and sustenance. What do you think? You're the ones who read, you should have some input.

Maybe I'm over thinking this. I want something witty and easy to type. Is that too much to ask?

Comments

Anna said…
Hi there,

I didn't find the delurking post, but this is a good one, too.

I know what you mean about the perfect URL, it is hard to know exactly what you want, since it is YOU! What are some of your other ideas besides suztenance? I confess I think that might be easy to mispell, at least I would stumble over it.
It could be though, that you are trying to attract a higher caliber of readers, so if so, plan well launched!
Joyce-Anne said…
Sorry, I read the de-lurking blog and didn't comment. With 3 little ones it's not always easy to find even a few minutes to leave a note. That said, I kind of like suztenance. But, I wonder, what other ideas are out there.
Anonymous said…
I'm the lurker from Michigan!!!

If you want a supercalifr... whatever long URL, then go for it. You will link to it, I will click on it, then I will bookmark it. Easy-peasy and no typing involved on my end.
Momisodes said…
De-lurking!!! Sorry I didn't see the original post....but wanted to say "hi" :)
Suzanne said…
Thanks for saying HI! I feel so loved!

I'll probably figure this thing out-maybe 2percentgirl or something like that.

Joyce, I *know* you're reading, because we talk all the time about what I write. You get the 'bonus blog' stuff, the stuff I want to write about but can't, lol.

Bonnie, that's so sweet that you'll make sure to bookmark me. I'm loving your posts, girl. You've got such a great outlook on life.

Sandy, I've got to catch up on you, lady. I finally made a Blog 365 folder on my toolbar for all my friends-and will be good about commenting on your blog, too!
Grandy said…
You ARE loved Suzanne!! I like what you have, but also like your suggestion. How's that for wishy washy? I don't know how many "hits" I get as a result of my title, but I like the play on words itself. ;)
Unknown said…
Mary, your title stuck with me because it's so funny. Now that I know you, it is SO very you!

I've got a few months to ponder this on. It's weird, I can come up with nicknames for everyone else, but when it comes to something sarcastic and/or witty for me, it just doesn't happen.

The DNA should be called into to action here-Giggles shares that wonderful nicknaming gene that our Dad had-I should bug her!
Kaoscapt said…
...you know I always make my blog comments in person. You are after all just in the next room...

:-)
Unknown said…
That is true, but why should all these people miss out on the funny ass things you say?
Anonymous said…
I love Suztenance. Very witty and memorable.
Anonymous said…
Oops. I know I'm late. Being without wireless (and thus having to steal internet time from my live-in computer nerd) meant that I got way behind on the blogs.

Still in the process of catching up. You know I lovx0rz your blog, though : D

--Kate @ pwning adulthood (sortofgrownup.blogspot)

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!