Sunday, September 28, 2008

Suzanne's Soundtrack Sunday

Tra la la, tra la la la...

Chef Jr is a snuggle bug. After his bath tonight, he decided he wanted his snuggle time so I could smell his mango scented hair and satsuma fragrance body. And so that he could play Knock Knock with me.

Little did I realize his knock knock jokes would take me back down memory lane to a couple of Saturday Morning favorites that had extremely catchy songs.

Banana who? rapidly evolved to "One banana, two banana, three banana, four, four bananas make a bunch and so do many more..."



The theme song was written by a jingle writer. Now it makes sense that this song stays trapped in the brain!

Of course, when I think of the Banana Splits, I think of another one with a catchy theme song, HR Pufnstuff:



This of course makes me think of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, but that theme song didn't stick around in the recesses of my memory for thirty five years. I found it on You Tube and I think my brain did its best to block that one out! Let's just leave it at Johnny Whittaker is a better actor than he is a singer.

The Banana Splits and HR Pufnstuff are such happy songs, which is the purpose of these shows, right?

Makes you wanna run out and buy the DVDs, right?

1 People talked back:

Mike Golch said...

thanks for the videos. I uses to enjoy watch the bananas.