Suzanne's Soundtrack Sunday

Tra la la, tra la la la...

Chef Jr is a snuggle bug. After his bath tonight, he decided he wanted his snuggle time so I could smell his mango scented hair and satsuma fragrance body. And so that he could play Knock Knock with me.

Little did I realize his knock knock jokes would take me back down memory lane to a couple of Saturday Morning favorites that had extremely catchy songs.

Banana who? rapidly evolved to "One banana, two banana, three banana, four, four bananas make a bunch and so do many more..."



The theme song was written by a jingle writer. Now it makes sense that this song stays trapped in the brain!

Of course, when I think of the Banana Splits, I think of another one with a catchy theme song, HR Pufnstuff:



This of course makes me think of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, but that theme song didn't stick around in the recesses of my memory for thirty five years. I found it on You Tube and I think my brain did its best to block that one out! Let's just leave it at Johnny Whittaker is a better actor than he is a singer.

The Banana Splits and HR Pufnstuff are such happy songs, which is the purpose of these shows, right?

Makes you wanna run out and buy the DVDs, right?

Comments

Mike Golch said…
thanks for the videos. I uses to enjoy watch the bananas.

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously