Since It's Been So Long Since I've Done One...
A new name popped up in my comments and on my follow recently, Janna. Today I went over and took a look at her blog and wow, she's got some adorable boys. Another two boy family, woohoo!
Janna posted this New Year's MeMe. I've seen it elsewhere, but hey, figured maybe I should give it a go. It'll distract me from what I really want to do right now (Jill and Joyce can probably figure that one out, since I've talked to both about it today. Grrrrrrr. No, not the job thing)
So, drum roll please for the............
New Years Meme
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Not a heck of a lot. Mostly little things. Went to the state fair, blogged for 366 days, met with Paula and Jeffrey, went to Aquatica, visited St. Augustine.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make them, but I did issue 50 something things to challenge myself with. I completed 28. Fail.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, believe it or not. Last one was November 2007 and I don't forsee any soon, except for pals in the blogosphere.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Quite happy to say no
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't even leave Central Florida except to visit Donna in Jacksonville once.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A job or an SSDI approval. A return to college. A new laptop and an iPhone. I know the last two won't happen, but I'd like them.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 6-last day in our house. August 18-day I lost my job
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I completed blog 365 without missing a day. I know, I'm hopeless.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing the house and losing the job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My sister, rocking through the college thing in record speed. Donna, doing really well at her job.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Can I plead the 5th? That person reads, but never comments, then complains to others about what I write. I had to start a Live Journal to discuss the appalling stuff.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Bills. Food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder
b) thinner or fatter? apparently, I've gained 10 pounds in the past year. Ugh.
c) richer or poorer? much poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Job seeking before I chose the one I left PB to take.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home (ahhhhh!), having dinner with good friends.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Still in love with my three men-nothing new.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Diners, Dives and Drive Ins, Iron Chef, Good Eats, Little People, Big World and GH:Night Shift
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not hate, but increasingly annoyed with someone.
24. What was the best book you read?
Read quite a few good ones, but I'd have to say Wild Fire by Nelson de Mille was the best.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Moosebutter. (Ed is groaning right now, and Chef is cheering!)
26. What did you want and get?
Wanted lots, got none.
27. What did you want and not get?
I'll keep it brief, iPhone and macbook pro
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 42 and worked all day and came home and had a slice of Carvel cake with the family.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a job that actually delivered the 40 hours a week that full time is supposed to be, with a realistic wage.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Short hair and crocs so my RSD flare isn't too bad
32. What kept you sane?
Blogging and my friends
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Guy Fieri-I want his job!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
This presidential campaign motivated me to canvass. I'm still pissed at the nimrods in this state who voted against prop 2.
35. Who did you miss?
Still miss Mom and Dad. Miss my sister and her family and wish I could see them. Wish Donna lived next door.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Made a lot of friends in the blogosphere. IRL, made some friends with other parents in the scout troop. This was perfect timing, since the other parents that were refugees from the old pack left this year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That I had no idea what being broke is until we started living on 275 a week unemployment and a 9 buck an hour salary.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
This one sums up my feelings about 2008 best:
Feeling better, now that we're through
Feeling better, 'cause I'm over you
I've learned my lesson, it left a scar
And, Now I see how you really are
You're no good, you're no good, you're no good
Baby, you're no good, I'm gonna say it again
You're no good, you're no good, you're no good
Baby, you're no good
Feel free to do this one if you want. I'm not gonna force you!