OPI Gelcolor, CND's Shellac, and Gelish - the pictures

An interesting thing has occurred in the last six or so months in that my blog readership has nearly tripled. Once I switched to the pay portions of Feedjit, it was easier to see the trends.

You're all here to read about the various soak off gel color nail polishes, aren't you? I end up reviewing a new color every two weeks, and posting pictures. Today, I'm putting all the pictures in one place and will continue to add the colors. This way, those of you who are curious about the nail products have one resource for the palette with links to the related blog post below it.

First, the Shellac colors:

CND's Shellac, Baroness


This was the first color I tried and I blogged at the end of two weeks about the experience.

CND's Shellac, Rock Royalty



CND's Shellac, Iced Coral and Black Pool to make USF Bulls Green



CND's Shellac, Purple Purple



CND's Shellac, Masquerade





CND's Shellac, Hotski to Tchotchke





CND's Shellac, Decadance and Rock Royalty



CND's Shellac, Black Pool with Negligee and Black Pool with Moonlight and Roses



OPI Gelcolor, Bogota Blackberry



OPI Gelcolor, Louvre Me, Louvre Me Not



OPI Gelcolor, Ink


OPI Gelcolor, Suzi Says Feng Shui



OPI Gelcolor, Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow


*note-this one is extremely difficult to photograph to properly show the green tint. I'll play with this again in the future, but if you want green that beats you over the head, Shellac's Black Pool with Iced Coral shown above is a better option.

Shellac, Dark Lava layered with Silver VIP Status


OPI GelColor, I'm Not Really a Waitress


CND's Shellac Tutti Frutti, Layered



CND's Shellac Rock Royalty with Hot Chili Layered


Shellac for one month!


CND's Shellac, Black Pool layered with Hotski to Tchotchke



Gelish, Inseparable Forces-Magneto


Gelish Good Gossip



CND Shellac Limeade



CND Shellac Pretty Poison with Gold VIP Status layered



CND Shellac Azure Wish with Glitter Effects





This page will keep adding colors and links as I get more manicures, so I suggest bookmarking this if you're looking at the CND and OPI UV gel manicures, but you can stick around. I don't bite!




Comments

aj322002 said…
Hi Suzanne

I'm just discovering the joys of Shellac polish and so far have Rock Royalty and Decadence.

I'm after a nice 'burgundy' colour which I thought Decandence was, but it's come out quite a bright red.

From pics above Masquerade looks quite burgundy-ish or the mix of Rock Royalty/Decadence (does it matter which order you apply the two?).

I've also been looking at the new Dark Lava colour. Which would you recommend as a good 'burgundy' option?

Thanks

Alison
Suzanne said…
Alison,

Masquerade was the darker of those two shades you mentioned. It has a metallic look (and I realize the link is broken, so I'll fix that for you to see other pictures).

The Rock Royalty was the base coat, with Decadence on top. It was a very rich burgundy creme color. I loved it, and will probably do that again sometime soon.

The Dark Lava leans towards brown more than the burgundy. The closest thing I'd equate it to is a raisin or prune color. It's nice, but a little too neutral for my liking.

Fixing those links now...

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!