Say What?

When I got home tonight, after a nice dinner with GameTeen and a friend, I had an agenda: a writing assignment for one class, completing taxes and doing some grading.

My internet provider had other plans. It crapped out on me.

At first, I thought Mi Manzana was to blame and started running Kaspersky. Then I picked up my iPad and it wasn't accessing the web. Ed wasn't home, so I grabbed his iPad and same deal. My phone told me no internet. So, I shut off the wifi on the phone and hey, surprise, I was getting access.

So, intrepid computer skills were put to use. I rebooted my computer-no luck.

I went over to the cable modem, unplugged it, then turned it back on-no luck. (It was showing send and receive, though, even though none of the devices were successfully doing either).

Next, the router was unplugged and turned back on. No dice.

I had to use the phone to call Brighthouse and got a representative who used remote access to tell me the modem was working fine. then he suggested I shut off the router and unplug it. He did a push, reset our IP address and three minutes later, service was restored.

In his parting statement, he informed me that the next time I have internet connectivity issues, I should check their website's FAQs to go through these steps. (The same ones I did on my own, save for their push and reset, I might add).

Huh?

I commented that if I was actually unable to access the internet, that meant I would not be able to visit their website OR view the FAQs. He replied "yeah, that doesn't quite make sense, does it?"

Seems the company didn't do a logic test on their customer service scripts.


And, 25 minutes later, internet went down again. I went through all my steps (that I hadn't found on their website) and it was working again. It makes me think their modem just might be crapping out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously