What's For Dinner Wednesday

Waiter, there is too much pepper on my Paprikash. But I would be proud to partake of your Pecan Pie.

This scene from When Harry Met Sally (one of my all time favorite movies) inspired tonight's dinner.
Chicken Paprikash, yum! For a while after seeing the movie, I wondered what Paprikash was. Then I found a recipe in a magazine and I had to make it: Chicken, butter, onions, pepper, garlic, paprika, sour cream and noodles? What's not to love?

It's been years since I've had to use a recipe to make this meal. It's so simple. Most people I know who make it say it's a good winter dish, because it's so hearty, but the one pan stovetop meal is great for keeping the kitchen cooler in the summer. Ed's happy, because he's got leftovers for work, too. As long as I keep the onions out of their portions, the boys enjoy, too.

You want the recipe?

2-3 lbs chicken (I use boneless breast)
4 oz butter or olive oil
3 large sweet onions, slivered
2 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt (I use kosher or sea salt)
1 tablespoon pepper (yes, it is supposed to have a lot!)
1 pint sour cream

Heat butter/oil, then add all the spices, stirring together. Add chicken and coat with oil/butter. Heat on medium heat 10 minutes, turning chicken and cooking until opaque. Add onions, cover and simmer on low for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, stir in sour cream.

Serve over egg noodles or bow tie pasta.

Yum!

Comments

Mike Golch said…
Oh yeh,my Gramma used to make a great one.
ligirl said…
Hi, Honey!

This sounds delicious, and you ARE the culinary person, so I don't mean to be picky...but I have a question..."tbsp" to me says "tablespoon"...it doesn't really call for a tablespoon each of salt and pepper, does it? You mean "tsps", right?

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!