This Feels Weird

Your husband is in the hospital, and you're beyond stressed, what are you going to do?
If you're me, you will be taking the kids camping with the scouts for the weekend.

This is the big camping trip, the one we paid for back in September. It's a campsite we've been to before, but the scout pack has not. Some have scoffed that it is 'cushy camping', but hey, I like the idea of immaculate shower stalls, a real sink to wash my dishes and a pool to enjoy.

Why am I going? Ed has insisted we go, and I have to go with it. As it stands right now, he's in the hospital through the weekend. If anyone else needs us, too bad. I cannot be all things to all people.

Right now, I'm going to be making the kids happy. And doing all the school work I haven't touched this week because of all the crap that we've been dealing with. I don't know how much will get done, but I suspect that I'll be reading the text by lantern light tonight after the kids are sleeping.

This campsite has internet access, as I've seen posts on a message board from people camping in their RVs at the property, but I'm not sure if that extends to the group sites-or if there is electrical hookups nearby. I've got about 2 hours battery life. Worst case, I'll be watching the lectures Sunday afternoon when I get home.

After the van is loaded, we'll head over to the hospital to give Ed his cell phone charger and then we'll be able to keep in contact.

It feels really weird to be going, but I am optimistic that camping will do what it usually does-relax me. Let's hope that it can cut through some of the fever pitch stress I am dealing with right now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!