Some Answers, But Still Many Questions

Ed was admitted to the hospital. They are awaiting results on some cultures, and those will take another 48 hours. He has a massive infection, and as such, is being dosed with plenty of IV antibiotics.

Yes, he's in the hospital and will be for 3 to 5 more days. For some reason, his sister with the OPEN venous stasis ulcers thought it was a good idea to bring her scooter up to his room, like "Oh goody, I've got someone to visit and play with now." Wrong. He's got an INFECTION and you've got open wounds. The two should not be mixed.

I made a decision today that I waffled over all along. I knew I'd be toast at my on campus class tonight (less than 2 hours sleep last night), and I emailed the instructor to see what his opinion was, if missing the first night would be impossible to catch up on the course work.

At 4pm, I still had not received an answer, but in my heart, I knew there was plenty on my plate with Ed, Jane, Mom, my kids and the two classes I already have. I dropped Psych Statistics prior to the first class session. I don't think the time was right for that class-the web based ones work well with the erratic schedule I will have for a little while. (There's a solution in the wings that satisfies two issues).

Ed still has not been seen by the patient advocate, so I don't know what options they offer. I think that I'll be over there on Friday morning, getting some answers. His employer, since he works with the public, is putting him on a leave of absence until his doctor gives him the all clear.

On top of everything else, they suspected a clot, so he had an ultrasound and is getting heparin injections because he will be in a bed for the next few days.

As for me, my eyes are drooping and I still have some tasks to complete before I sleep.

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words and emails. It is comforting to know we've got people praying and thinking good thoughts.



Comments

hang in there, Suzanne.
Jill said…
Still thinking and praying for all of you. *hugs*
Sara Elizabeth said…
I am sending prayers your way. I am so sorry that all of this is going on.
DoeWDW said…
More prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. {hugs}
- Doreen in PA
Unknown said…
Praying - as hard as I can.
Laurie said…
Such a frightening thing, I have been thinking about you and your family. I hope that everything turns out for the best for you. Hang in there girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!