Small Talk Six-Seeing the World
Today’s topic is the “6 places you would like to travel to if you had someone trustworthy to watch your children and pets.” If that's the case, then I'm packing Ed's bag, my bag and I'm out the door faster than you can say "We're watching the kids!" Go see my recent post and you'll understand why I'm getting out of Dodge before the child care can change their mind!
Strangely enough, Ed and I were talking about this last night, with each of us choosing a destination.
1. Hawaii. If I get there prior to having the needed leg surgery, I think I'd want to island hop for two weeks, but even if it's only for me to have the leg surgery, then I'll still be quite happy to spend a week in Honolulu.
2. London/Great Britain. Pub crawling, visiting the Tower of London, and just soaking in the history would be so enjoyable. More time and I want to visit the lochs of Scotland, maybe check out a castle or two.
3. San Francisco and the Wineries of Northern California. Fisherman's Wharf, Anchor Brewing, Ghiradelli, Scharffenberger, Sees and then touring the wineries? Why sully the experience with having to keep an eye on the kids. (though we do think that once we have money to do so, this will be the next family vacation.)
4. Australia. Willing to watch the kids for a month? We will spend a month doing a highlights tour. Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, the Great Barrier Reef and a tour through Victoria's wine region.
5. Ireland. Ireland is worthy of its own trip. It's where the majority of my ancestry is from.
6. Germany. Yes, another wine tour. It hasn't been until recent years that I've found that we enjoy German food, but send me to the Nahe or Rheingau region and let us loose on those wineries. Yum, or should I say "hic"?
Can I go now?
What about you? If you want to play, head over to MomDot and get your instructions here. Don't forget to sign Mr Linky.