Walking Dictionary

When I was younger, my brother was a horrible speller. So bad, that he'd constantly ask me, five years younger, to spell words for him for his homework, and later, his poetry.

He even would call me long distance to spell words for him when he was writing poems to serenade his girlfriend, now wife. I will assume she took over spelling duties, because he eventually stopped calling long distance for dictionary assistance.

Yesterday, I gave my students a writing assignment. Once again, I got lots of requests to spell words. It was like the old days, the requests piquing my interest into exactly what was going into these papers!

A walking dictionary once again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!