Not So Fast, There

Ever since our washing machine died, we've done the bi-weekly trek to the local laundromat. Each time I went, it was apparent that my neck troubles were getting worse. Mind you, I was really going AMA, since my neurologist said no lifting over ten pounds. Still, clothes need to be cleaned, so I went.

Two weeks ago was my first time back doing laundry-but Chef did all the lifting. I basically supervised. Today, I thought I'd be fine-he could lift the baskets into the van, I could deal with them there, then he'd bring them into the house after I was done.

Not so much.

The other day, I had a suspicion that my lift restrictions may be permanent, based on how my back reacted to something simple I did. Still, I have an appointment Monday, and usually the six week follow up is the one where a patient is given the all clear to resume normal activities. So, I was optimistic that things were good.

Earlier today, I felt pretty good. Not 100%, but 75 or 80%, which is far better than I could have hoped. Now, after two hours doing laundry, I'm not doing so hot. It's a good thing that I planned on vegging tomorrow, doing some reading and classwork. If I venture very far, it will surprise me.

Wonder how stern the lecture will be on Monday?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!