Making a list and checking it twice...

It's Christmas Eve and I AM OFF FROM WORK!!!!!! I can count on one hand how many of those I've had since I started working. This means that things are a little less hectic.

Still on the to do list:
Make the lasagna for tonight.
Finish making the Korabiedes from Monday (that triple batch went FAR, people)
Macerate some Strawberries. Yes, it's official-Strawberry season in Florida.
Wrap Ed's present for under the tree.
Fill the stockings.
Prepare the Crab Cakes for tomorrow.
Clean house.
Get the kids to take showers.
Charge up the camera batteries and make sure we both have empty Compact Flash cards.

Fortunately, we switched out one tradition last night. Usually, present wrapping didn't occur until around 11pm Christmas Eve. We'd make sure the kids were sleeping, pop in some Christmas CDs, then have a wrap fest until 2 or 3am.

This year's task was done in about an hour and a half after Ed detoured to Wal Mart for some Santa paper. Yeah, he figured out there was no Santa because all the presents under the tree had the same paper as the gifts from Santa. So we always make sure the Santa gifts are wrapped in paper that is different from the rest and unseen by the boys prior to Christmas.

It's nice not looking at that list and wondering how much I can possibly get done before I am completely wiped out. It's also nice to look at the menu planned for tomorrow and see easy street. That's partly why I'm preparing the crab cakes today. I'll even make the remoulade for them today, so that the flavors have time to develop. Yum. I wonder how remoulade topped roast beef would be?

If I don't get to talk to you personally, Merry Christmas to you and your families!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously