Suzanne's Soundtrack Sunday

A search that brought someone to the blog this week gave me an easy topic. Well, that and the fact that I got friended on Facebook by someone I've known since FIRST GRADE, who told me I will forever be Suzie. (sorry, not many people get away with calling me that-Julie does, by virtue of using it for twelve years of school.) I'd mentioned name songs a while back and that when I worked at the radio stations, I was going to do a drop in with my name from various songs.

Back then, that meant a long time with a V block, reel to reel tape and a razor. Nowadays, it's a simple matter with my iTunes library and a few minutes of editing in a simple editing program.

So, in the event that someone else is looking for name songs, here's the list of songs that would have made a little montage. (Note, Sue, Suzie and Suzanne must be first names in order to make my list-I am not a middle name!)

I Love You, Suzanne-Lou Reed
Suzie Q-Creedence Clearwater Revival
Runaround Sue-Dion and the Belmonts
Suzanne- Journey
Wake Up, Little Suzie-Everly Brothers
Little Suzie-Styx
Suzie Lightning-Warren Zevon
That's My Little Suzie-Ritchie Valens
Suzie Baby-Bobby Vee
Fire and Rain-James Taylor (for the line "Suzanne the plans they made put an end to you")
Suzanne-James Taylor (apparently, he wasn't done singing about Suzanne)
Suzanne-Leonard Cohen
Suzie Blue-Ben Harper


There are others out there, but I'd put ones I like in my little jingle thingy.

I had no idea how many songs there are out there with my name!

How about you? Any good name songs out there for your name?

Comments

Jess said…
As far as I know, the only song that has anything close to my name is Jessie's Girl, that old chestnut from Rick Springfield. But that's about a guy, so does it count?
Jess said…
(shouldn't have hit publish) Now if you went by my BLOGname, there are a TON.

Keith Urban - Days Go By
Lifehouse - Days Go By
Dirty Vegas - Days Go By
Marvin Gaye - Sweeter As The Days Go By
Baby Bash - Days Go By

(those are all different songs!)

and the one that my site was named after:
Talking Heads: Once In A Lifetime
(the line is letting the days go by...)

And I'm wrong - Jewel did a song named Jessica.
Jeff said…
I've got one that you may not have heard before --it's not easy to find, but I did mange on limewire:

Satisfy Suzie -- Lonnie Mack

It's a great little number.

--J

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously