Crossing Over


Tonight, I am proud to say I am the mother of TWO Boy Scouts.


Chef's Cub Scout pack had their annual Blue and Gold dinner and Webelos Crossover ceremony. I prefer the combined festivities, because it's great to have family and friends witness the highest achievement in Cub Scouting.

What's really cool is that this year is the 100th Anniversary of Scouting in the U.S. To recognize this milestone, there are special patches for various ranks. For instance, last month, Chef's Webelos badge had 2010-100 years of Scouting emblazoned on it. He earned his Arrow of Light, and he and the other boys got patches with "2010" in red.

When I think back to that little kid that brought home a flyer 4 1/2 years ago and insisted he had to do it, it makes me feel good to know that he's gained so much from the experience.

Congratulations, Chef. We're very proud of you.

Comments

Grandy said…
YAY!!! Welcome to the big boy cult, Chef!!! :)

Boy scouts is WAY cool! The Grandy family has a lot of fun with everything.

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously