Scrambled Sue

There was a lot on my plate today:
Work
Fill out Mom's Guardianship paperwork
Visit the hospital with Jane and Ed
Talk to Mom's doctor to find out why they approved her release
Call her insurance and see why they won't approve a nursing home
Visit as many nursing homes as possible so we can pick one
Do my Lit homework


Well, the hospital visit took twice as long as I expected, but that was good. Initially, Mom didn't recognize any of us, but ten minutes later, she did. She told interesting tales-that her doctor told her she was losing her house, didn't have one anymore, either. I don't know if she was imagining that or if it was really said. If so, I'm sooooo reporting the doctor.

She is on board with going to a nursing home. That doesn't mean she likes the idea, because she really feels that Jane should be taking care of her. However, she understands that Jane can't, so she'll go.

So we grabbed lunch and dropped Jane off at home. I sat down in front of the laptop, planning to look up a nursing home or two to visit by 5:30 or 6pm. (It was after 3). Instead, the sleep deprivation of the past two nights caught up with me.

I took a nap instead.

Sometimes, you have to take care of your needs before you can effectively do things for others.

Tomorrow, after class, I'll look at more nursing homes...

Comments

Vixen said…
You can't take care of others if you don't remember to take care of yourself. Don't forget that. Naps are good.

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!