A Camping We Will Go

It is 90 degrees and there's barely a cloud in the sky. This means we're camping with the cub scouts.

The usual camping trip is just our pack, but our council coordinated a 'Spook o Ree' at several Boy Scout camps for all the local packs. As I am posting this, Chef is enjoying BB shooting. Next, they'll be doing the pumpkin launch. Game Teen, by virtue of being small for his age, got to participate in archery (his favorite sport).

Our days of cub scout camping are drawing to a close. Next month, Chef goes on a special Webelos/Boy Scout camping trip, so we will miss the Cub pack trip. Then, the next trip is in February-and Chef crosses over to Boy Scouts at the end of the month.

So, I will enjoy the communal camping while I can, because it will feel weird to not have boys congregating in my tent and parents to sit around the camp fire with until 2am.

If you told me four years ago that I would be bummed at the prospect of no camping, I would have told you that you were nuts. Interesting how scouting shapes adults along with their kids...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!