The Secret Ingredient Is Love

Growing up, i always looled forward to visiting with my Nana and
Papa. We didn't get to see them very often
, but when we did, we could count on having a piece of Nana's
delicious coffee cake.

When Nana passed away, my Mom discovered that the recipe Nana had been
pleasung us with for years was actually one that she'd won a state
home ec prize for creating.

The difference was that Mom's recipe featured cocoa, while Nana took
it out and doubled the cinnamon sugar and nuts.

I was tickled when Mom wrote the recipe down for me, knowing how much
i loved that from scratch treat.

I found the recipe tucked in a box of kitchen doodads today.

I think it is time to share the love with the boys, now that they are
old enough to understand...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously