The Smilie Award
Imagine my surprise when I went to go read one of my favorite bloggers, Geggie and found she'd bestowed me with the Smilie award. It was a bonus in my eyes, since she recently had to take her blog private and gosh, I had a few days of Gail withdrawal!
Why did Geggie bestow me with the award? I guess (despite my opinion to the contrary lately), she feels I exemplify the rules stated here:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)
2. Must love one another
3. Must make mistakes
4. Must learn from others
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids
It really make me stop and think that sometimes when we struggle, there is someone there to lift our burden. Thanks, Geg! Your blog already enriches my life with insights, experiences and ideas. (and I still have to try those awesome recipes you keep posting!)
Of course, with blog awards, the experience becomes richer when we share the award with others we also feel demonstrate the criteria. There are rules to follow, too. In this case, they are few and simple:
1. The recipient must link back to the award's creator (http://www.thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
It is hard to just bestow this on five honorees, as I can think of so many who do a better job of fulfilling the rules than I do. However, I take inspiration from the fact that I didn't get my dose of Geggie and name five who's blogs I would most definitely miss if I couldn't access them:
1. Days Go By-Jess has such a well rounded blog: life, family, thought provoking news, fun, parenting. SHe recently participated in BFF in Niagara Falls and the few days that she didn't post were boring. Glad she's back!
2. Functional Schmunctional-Grandy is relatively new to blogging, but she is a pro through and through. She's got a great view on life and personifies "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade."
3. Imaginary Binky-Sarah is another person that I miss when she takes a blogging break. She's the blogger I most wish lived next door, because I think we'd just have blast sitting in the yard and talking and laughing. (The neighbors would think we were crazy, though).
4. Mandyland-Mandy is one of those great people that can crack you up with one line. If I'm having a bad day, her blog can post a picture of something ridiculous and turn the frown upside down. She's got one of the best jobs on the planet: she gets paid to eat pizza!
5. Wanderings of a Saffa Chick-I live vicariously through Saffa's posts. She lives Down Under, but has spent time living on three continents (and I believe she's traveled to a fourth.) Saffa has a joie de vivre that translates so well to print. She's a hidden gem of the blogosphere.
Ladies, thanks for providing great reading every day. Please go forth and share with five of your friends so we all can check out new blogs to read. Everyone can use a dose of smiles!