More Proof I'm Not Cool

One of my older sisters will be in town next week. There's a new grandchild (in my case, a new great nephew) and she's champing at the bit to get here and cuddle the adorable little guy. Can't say I blame her, honestly-he does give awesome snuggles.

So, sis and I have been IMing and talking a bunch since news of this addition to the family had been announced last summer, and her visit coincides with a celebration of our heritage. Tonight's question 'So, where are we going for St. Paddy's Day?'

Go out? On one of the year's 'amateur nights'? I can't tell you the last time I was out for St. Patrick's day, I think I still lived on LI, when ex and I met up with a different sister and her husband for corned beef and cabbage at a local pub known for good food.

Now, sis was more of the mind that we were going to get good food and maybe one beer, as we're lightweights. No, I have the food covered, as I bought two briskets recently for the day. We tentatively have plans for the Saturday before, taking her to our favorite brewpub after I make some of that corned beef.

But if they tint the beer green, I'm gone...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously