Coupling and Uncoupling

Yeah, I know, I don't do that much on the pop culture front. Frankly, I don't have a lot of time for it, but yesterday, the news that Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin have split up got an eyebrow raise. "Consciously Uncouple"? Can we say pretentious? Everyone else calls it divorce, Goopiness.

Goop. Like Oprah, Gwyneth seems to have the idea that if she thinks something is wonderful, then we all should like/use/have the exact same things, that our lives are not complete unless we do/buy/use the same shit she does-except most of us are not spending $600 for a pair of pants that are so trendy, they won't be worn next month.

So, I had a good laugh at the 'What would Gwyneth call your relationship?' generator. Apparently, Ed and I are 'mystically coupled'. What was funnier is that one of my Aussie friends, another Tim Minchin fan, took her fandom to another level while also using this generator. Seems C is:



I guess we have to thank Gwyneth for something-giving us yet another foolish term for 'divorcing'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously