Monday, September 17, 2012

Applying Knowledge

All through my Instructional Technology program, every class tied back to Bloom's Taxonomy, an ordered system of how we gain knowledge. From the simple knowledge, where a student will repeat information back to you, to the complex, where you present course content, the student processes it and comes up with a thoughtful analysis, independent of their book learning, it is a key concept of education.

So, today, my first teacher in-service, we spent a lot of time covering this important tool in creating student assessments and lesson plans. Instead of being overwhelmed, this topic comes easily, because I covered it in at least eight of my classes, and then facilitated instruction of it in two more.

Pretty darn cool to have a bunch of resources at my disposal beyond what we were given-then pass them on to others.

0 People talked back: