Life is What Happens When You're Making Other Plans

We thought we'd be heading to DC tomorrow for a concert Sunday night. Our favorite band, Marillion, has not played in the US for twelve years. The last time we saw them live was in July, 1995. So, yeah, we were excited that they were coming to this side of the Atlantic for a dozen dates. It would have been nice if they were playing closer, but hey, those are the breaks.

I bought tickets to the show as soon as they went on sale, but waited to book a hotel or plane tickets. Then I was unemployed. And I had a snafu with my funding for financial aid and had to scrape the funds together to pay for my class this semester.

It was going to be a low-budget trip, but we were debating whether to make a go of it, when we found out that Chef has to attend a summer program. It starts at 9am Monday morning. Even if we left immediately after the show (around 11pm Sunday), there is no way we could make a 1,000 mile trip in ten hours.

He was afraid to tell us, thinking we'd be furious. No, it's what happens in life sometimes. It's part of being a grown up.

One of our goals when I finish school is a European vacation. I think Ed and I both had the same idea in mind, to find out what the Marillion summer tour dates looked like and see if they were playing in cities on our list of 'must sees'. I think it'd be much cooler to see them on their 'home turf', anyway, where they're not playing on a scaled down inventory of instruments because they don't have a huge tour budget.

It almost seemed to good to be true, to actually see them play live again. Someday, we will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously