Promising Research

So, my major professor and I determined what and how I will conduct research for my dissertation. At the time, I hadn't found a single thing that came close to what I was looking to explore.

Then, I had to do an article review for class-and found a paper presented two months ago that just got submitted for publication. It essentially did what I plan to do, but on a smaller scale and with a different research design. Still, it is good to see researchers finding significance.

What this means for me is that I can look at the flaws in their methodology and adjust for them. I'd already decided that the method they used would suffer from validity concerns in that some of the student gains could be attributed to exposure effects. They only had one group of ten and all were participants. Meanwhile, I want to use two groups, one receiving instruction via iPad and the other, traditional face to face with a teacher.

Now that one has shown up, it is only a matter of time before more research with iPads gets published. I'm hoping there is a substantial amount in the next 2.5 years, because that will help me refine my plans when I see the flaws in other studies!

So, thank you, Kennedy Kreiger Institute-you beat me to the punch and that makes my job easier!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously