Kind Grinds, Tampa

Yesterday's new food truck appealed right off the bad, for it is Asian inspired. Kind Grinds is relatively new to the food truck business, and was a first timer at USF's lunch trucks, but if what I had is any indication, they're going to be around for a long time.

Smart business practice: start small. It's easier to build your business when you are already out there serving your food, so they've got a pull along trailer, instead of one of those Grumman delivery trucks. It's small, with an eye catching exterior.



Personally, I think the windows on both sides idea is good, especially as they build a clientele, they may need to serve out of both someday soon!



The menus boast a variety of tastes and it was really hard to decide what to get, because there wasn't a single thing that didn't sound good.



Ultimately, the idea of trying something I'd never had before (daikon) tipped me from a bowl to the Banh Mi, but which meat was going to be on it? I totally went eeny meeny minie moe, and opted for the Shogun beef, then asked them to add some kimchi on top, figuring that if I didn't like the daikon, that still would be good.


I shouldn't have worried. The daikon had a texture like onion and an almost sweet flavor that isn't like other radishes. Their kimchi was also very tasty, with a nice burn at the end.

The sandwich was actually a little too soggy to eat as a sandwich, but I didn't mind. It was partly because of the sauce, but mostly because of the quantity of ingredients on the pretzel bun. The shogun, which was beef shank, had a texture like pot roast and a good soy flavor. The veggies and kimchi gave it fantastic crunch and that pretzel roll was very soft. This is definitely one I will try again, though I'm still probably going to have to randomly pick from the other flavors.

Good solid effort, good portions, great price. You won't be disappointed.



Kind Grinds on Urbanspoon

Comments

Sounds delish.

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously