Further Proof of My NPR Nerdom

Over the years, I'm sure it has been covered about my love for NPR. It probably is a good thing that the radio in my car was always tuned to it, because the car stereo started acting wonky a few years ago and well, the only station that comes in clearly where I live is NPR.

A couple of months ago, though, I got an alert from Twitter (before I shut off all the notifications from there) that Neda Ulaby started following me. I squeed with happiness, and the majority of the twitterverse was like 'who?'. I don't know what I said that she found me worthy of a follow, but this fan girl followed right back.

Now if only I can get Ari Shapiro, Steve Inskeep, David Greene, and Scott Simon to follow her lead, I'd be a really happy fan girl.

About six months ago, I stepped into an Ulta store for the first time and signed up for their loyalty program. They send emails on a regular basis and now that there is a local Ulta, I tend to stop in about once a month after a nail appointment. Anyway, today, they sent me an email and it just furthered how much NPR is part of my life.

The email headline was that there was a sale on Mario Badescu beauty products. Frankly, I have no idea what kind of products, but my brain immediately interpreted it as Andrei Codrescu beauty products. Andrei is a very engaging commentator and is editor in chief of a web journal site.

I was trying to figure out the tie in between Ulta, and the talented Andrei, and Exquisite Corpse, and laughed. Makeup for cadavers? *

Even Andrei would find that funny.

In an NPR Nerd kind of way.

*An Exquisite Corpse is actually a writing technique in which collaborators work on a project together following a specific rule for composition or by allowing the next contributor to only see the last sentence of the previous content before continuing the writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously