Online Communities Really Can Get Neighborly

Back in June, a friend introduced me to Tim Minchin (which I've mentioned here a couple of times.) What the friend didn't do was introduce me to the fan community for Tim, I found them on my own. A few friendships have been struck, and the ones who hang around on social media are just a fun bunch of people.

What I didn't expect is for one of those members to seek me out to offer me a pair of tickets to see Tim perform live. Now, that would be really, really cool-but it's in Leeds, England. A bit of a commute to accept those free tickets.

Still, it was a very sweet gesture and very flattering. I like interacting with the dozen or so active fans on the interwebz social media sites. I just didn't expect them to be that generous.

Now, if the prize patrol wants to show up in the next few days so that I can buy a plane ticket and go, I'm happy to give you directions...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unna Boot from Hell...

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Green Mountain Grills-Daniel Boone