I'm too sexy for this blog...

How many of you blog out there? Really. Blog more than once a week, month, year, presidential administration? Have you noticed the dynamic of the various blog sites?

MySpace-Most people have under three blog entries, and those were posted within the first month of joining the site. The purpose of MySpace is to have a 'bulletin board' on the net like you probably had on your dorm room door. Everyone leaves comments, some of your friends send you a bulletin every day and if you're over 30, you're not hip.

I have a MySpace page, and I am so uncool. It's been over a year since I started it and I have less than a dozen comments. Why do I have it? For the bands, dude. That's probably the best thing about MySpace-bands create pages and keep you up to date about their concert tours and albums.

The one feature that they have that I love is that you can filter who reads an entry. Then again, no one is on there to WRITE anything, especially if they can't use L33t or text shorthand. No one's on Myspace to read entries, so you don't get complaints when you haven't posted anything.

Live Journal-This is the blogging site for intelligent people who are far too lazy to actually write. I suspect these people are all cat owners who are channeling their pet's apathy. If you see more than one entry every six months, send the poster over to Blogger, because I think it's against Live Journal's TOS to do this!

No once complains when you don't post because they know you're a lazy ass who can't be bothered to even change your mood on there, so to actually see you WRITE an entry would give the readers coronaries.

Blogspot-Where the blogger who hasn't got a huge audience but loves to write hangs out. If you click on that lovely "Next" button at the top of the blog, you'll find yet another writer. Odds are great that it won't be in English, but it'll still be readable (once you use Google's translation feature). Most people on Blogger would do well in the professional writing trades, but they have average jobs.

If they've got a sitemeter, it registers under 50 hits a day. Comments are few and far between. This is because they know most of their reading audience and the readers IM and email the responses and bitch that you haven't written anything in three days. Once they get over 50 hits a day, the blogger then moves over to:

Typepad- Where the big time bloggers play. It's not free (like the previous three), so most people wait until they're getting a bunch of hits daily and are earning more than .62 a month from Google Ads. Once at Typepad, the blogger probably will have to find their focus in order to build an audience. Suffice to say, though, the 100 or so comments an entry means that at least 1000 are reading it.

Where does this leave me? I'm a blogger, through and through. I love the fact that I can keep in touch with everyone. For the most part, I'm an open book, though there have been times that I'd love to use the blog for it's intended purpose, but can't, because all eyes are on it.

I aspire to have enough people reading it to become a Typepad girl. My personal goal is 50 hits a day and it might make the fees worthwhile. What is my voice? Bitching about my life-I'm good at it.

Comments

IK2HNG said…
Great post! Hope to read again soon from you!
Regards
Andy
TheMousesHouse said…
"Live Journal-This is the blogging site for intelligent people who are far too lazy to actually write. I suspect these people are all cat owners who are channeling their pet's apathy. If you see more than one entry every six months, send the poster over to Blogger, because I think it's against Live Journal's TOS to do this!

No once complains when you don't post because they know you're a lazy ass who can't be bothered to even change your mood on there, so to actually see you WRITE an entry would give the readers coronaries."

ROFL... Yeah. That would describe exactly me ;) If you want to read my every 6 months or so post go here: http://themouseshouse.livejournal.com ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!