Potpourri for 100, Alex

Little bits of this and that for a Friday morning...

Yet again, one child is up and raring to go when his alarm clock goes off. Chef Jr willingly heads to bed each night and is glad to get up in the morning. Gameboy, well he complains he doesn't want to go to bed, fights sleep and then does NOT want to get up. Even the extra hour's sleep doesn't help. Some things will never change...

My car, once again, is annoying me. The VW dealer has been working without success on my iPod jack since November. I love their service department except for one thing. If a part has to be ordered, they don't follow up. Witness the touch up paint, also ordered in November. I have a limited edition color-the paint has been sitting in service since then-no one called on that, either. Last night, I picked up my fixed car. The jack doesn't stay in the plug, so one channel cuts out. I was told it was my plug, so I went to Best Buy for a new one and had the same problem.

Sleep! As mysteriously as it appeared, the insomnia might be gone. I am actually sleeping more than 5 hours at a time. The past two weeks, most nights get me a normal night's sleep. It's amazing how much difference this makes. On the pain front, though, the RSD is being more obnoxious. Nearly constant stinging pain, and quite a few episodes of stabbing.

Remember that burning pain I had with the Unna Boot last month? The one that drove me to call the nurse line? It's back, and there is nothing compressing on the foot or tarsal nerve to cause this. I made the appointment with the neurologist. Mainly to see what my options are besides a nerve block, but to see whether the current symptoms are part of the RSD (or something else)

I have to make this observation: when you establish a good rapport with your doctor or nurse practitioner, they'll bend the rules for you a bit. Instead of having to call the appointment line now, I call Nurse M and leave a voice mail. Beats 20 minutes on hold. I need more Acticoat. I called to make an appointment, she and Dr. B are out of town on Monday and she told me to pop in anyway and tell them that Nurse D has some paperwork for me. She'll take me back to take pictures of the leg and give me some more dressings.

OK, back to cleaning...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Here's hoping you had a wonderful day with your company!!

<3 Paula

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously