Waiting...

The week has been a long, hard one. Mom is probably going to pass in the next 24 hours. Vitals are really weak, she's only had water since Monday afternoon. The hospice staff has been very good about helping us to understand what to expect. It must be rough for them to know that the majority of their patients will die while in their care.

Work has been very understanding about all that is happening, and I used all but two days of my remaining vacation time to spend time with Mom. I was being proactive and talked to my DM today about getting coverage for me next week-I wanted to call the stores that she felt could help and give them a heads up. She was surprised that I was even thinking that way.

The family dramas continue. I think I mentioned that my stepdad made the decision to have the funeral mass and burial here in Florida. It's a decision that I can understand and support. After all, Mom did say she wanted to be with him, where ever he was. He wants to be able to visit her grave every day.

That said, when I passed on this news to several siblings, two who have major health concerns immediately consulted with their doctors to see if they could fly down here. Neither was happy with it, but they accepted the reasoning behind it. Third sibling said he could not change his work schedule around-okay, that is a good enough reason in my book. Another sibling is looking into Amtrak because she's got extreme claustrophobia.

Eldest sister (a/k/a "Legacy") got all bent out of shape at this news, sarcastically says "That's just *wonderful*" and gave every reason why SHE felt it was wrong. She says she's not coming-and it's because she's pissed. She complained that she doesn't have a place to say. Yep, that's true-the two sisters with health issues are both staying with me (and they're not speaking to each other, which should be interesting) because they're both in financial straits. I'm not exactly enamored of eldest sister, and her current behavior disgusts me even more than her normal behavior. I don't want her lousy attitude, excessive alcohol consumption and smelly cigarettes in my home.

There is far more to this story, but it's best not to bore you all with the particulars. Anyway, I'm saving it all for my best selling novel! :)

There will be a memorial service in New York, which I probably won't be able to attend. It all depends on the timing of it. If it's mid week, I can possibly fly up the night before and fly back after the service.

I wish this wasn't such a stupid headache, but it is. Thankfully, stepdad hasn't had to deal with these issues-he's aware, but he hasn't had to talk to any of them. Thank God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously