Tuesday's update

I walked in today and found that my sister got a good night's sleep in the recliner in Mom's room. Mom had not been conscious since 10:30 last night, and as a result, had not had any food or drink. Finally got some water into her around 8pm, thanks to a nurse (thanks, Deanna) showing me how to get it to her with a straw and then syringe. Mom doesn't even have enough strength to sip from the straw.

My sis has been here with a dead cell phone. Her phone won't charge, so she'd been charging the battery in her husband's phone. Well, that's up in NY. Today, I was smart-I went to the cell phone provider and got a third phone. She can use it for now, and then I can pass it on to my husband's sister when they're all moved in. First order of business was changing it off that damn Nokia tune!

Speaking of which, they flew into MCO today for their two week stay at WDW. They're going house hunting closer to us than that, but wanted to have a nice base to stay each night. The menfolk went to join them for dinner tonight. Wish I could've been with them.

My stepdad has made his decision. He wants Mom to be buried here so that he can visit her grave every day. Guess that means he's not moving back to New York. This is a good thing-the boys really like him and it would be a double blow to lose Mom and "Grandpa Bill" at the same time.

Sleep beckons. I have to work in the morning, we'll see how that goes. I'm hoping for a long laundry list of things to do to keep me occupied.

Update as time allows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously