Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

Just been doing busy stuff the past day and a half. Did a bunch of cooking yesterday, mindless work to occupy time. I went to work today, because it made more sense to do something, rather than sit around.

Stepdad seemed a little disappointed that husband, kids and I weren't over there yesterday. I'm keeping sis away from him-since he's annoyed at her. My aunt brought him a ham. Heck, that would've been good. I think she thought we'd be there, too. Not a problem, I think I'll be over there a lot over the next few months to help out.

Youngest's husband shamed my brother-he'll be flying in tomorrow morning. Ironically enough, it's the same flight my stepsister had booked.

Husband and kids went with his mom and sister to do some house hunting. They found a few that were promising and a few that had septic. Realtor apparently did *not* hear them when they said sewer systems only. They're going out with the realtor in the morning. Crossing my fingers.

Trick or treating was so funny tonight. Our neighborhood is new, only about a dozen of the houses had been moved in last halloween-we were the last completed. I've always loved Halloween, and it has been a nice break from everything else. We finished around 7:45, and we only got three or four kids around 8. About 9:30, we get a knock on the door. Older kids, maybe 15 or 16 and my husband gives them each a handful of reese's peanut butter cups and snickers. "Wow, dude...THANKS!" I think he resembled them when he was that age and that's why they got so much. After they left, he had a good laugh saying that he should've given them each a beer.

Long day tomorrow, should probably rest, but not the least bit tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously