After the song is over...

The dance goes on, so dance away...
After all has been said and done, remember what has been given, not taken away.
Echolyn, "Never the Same"/As the World

That song has been running through my head all day. It's an excellent song (by an excellent group) about death.

Mom has hung on far longer than the Hospice nurses had expected. They said to my sister that they think she's been waiting for my stepdad to say it's okay to die, he'll be alright. He did finally tell her this afternoon. She's been comatose (yes, I can tell the difference now) and he thought she wouldn't hear a word he said. However, when I told her it was okay to die-she needed to give the family ghost hell for hiding food products, I got an involuntary close the mouth and sigh.

My stepdad also bought the funeral plots and picked the casket. It is amazing, he's relaxed and opened up so much after taking care of these things. I got a mini lecture (in a kind way) that my husband and I need to make our plans known and buy plots NOW if we plan to be buried. Apparently, this is an expensive proposition in this state.

I picked up another sister from the airport tonight. Hadn't seen her in just over a year. She's had quite a few health issues, but I have to say she looks younger. Not healthy, though. We went and picked up wings (both siblings from NY lived in Buffalo for a while and are wing freaks) and brought them to Hospice. She got some time with Mom, and had a good cry, then talked to her about good memories from when we were kids.

We got her a hotel room over by Hospice for tonight, but tomorrow night, she'll be coming back over to my place.

I'm hoping one of these goodbyes is what she was waiting for. It's so hard to see her in this state...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously