UGH

Feeling rather blah today.

1. Overdrew the checking account. Sucks royally, and payday for hubby isn't til Friday. Worst part is that, in the past, the credit union would decline purchases with the debit card if you were overdrawn. Now, they collect their overdraft fee for each purchase. Argh. I need to call them, I went to take out cash-saw the usury fee that Bank of America was going to charge, and cancelled the transaction. However, my credit union saw fit to charge an overdraft fee for a transaction that wasn't completed.

2. Mom's got nausea pretty bad. The anti nausea meds are expensive (900 bucks a script) and the pharmacies really don't like to fill them. If she goes to the oncologist's office, however, they can put her on a drip that will knock out the nausea for two days-and medicaid will pay 100% of it. It lasts for two days, today she'll be needing it.

3. Utility woes. See 1 above-gotta call and make payment arrangements!

So here's the deal with my mom's treatment. She gets three rounds of chemo, then another PET scan. If the scan shows improvement and shrinking of the cancer, she gets another three rounds. If not, they stop the chemo and send her home. I'm hoping for the former, but preparing for the latter. Not a fun position to be in.

My stepdad, never the most patient and compassionate of individuals, is having a hard time with this. He feels all doctors are thieves, that the physical therapist is a joke because she did a two hour medical profile and is mad that they've allowed mom a home health aide twice a week. He feels it's an affront to his masculinity that someone's gotta come in and do the basic things for mom and help her shower. My sister, typically his favorite, is now on his shit list because she cooked, cleaned and invaded HIS territory and did things he feels HE should be doing.

I should be in the clear-I live fairly close, so I'm not there for extended stays. I'll probably be cooking stuff at my house and bringing it over, preventing the freakout that I'm using HIS kitchen. I've been on his shit list before-he didn't like my first husband, so he didn't talk to me for the nine years I was with that man, and for a couple of years afterwards. I can deal with him being pissed at me-but I won't deal with him complaining about the help mom is getting!

Bright news, a house around the corner is listed (and will sell) at double what it was purchased for last year! Yea, exciting to be house rich and cash poor. At least it's a temporary thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously