The Immortal Socrates

My brother, Socrates (name has been changed to protect the stupid), has been the cause of screaming fury the past 15 hours. I've blown up twice and dropped more F bombs than anyone that knows me has EVER heard.

Okay, part one:
After the luncheon, I offer to take Socrates and the sister staying with me to see our other brother's gravesite (10 minutes away, most of the family has never seen it). I do, we go, pay our respects and leave. Sister thanks me for bringing her there, Socrates doesn't.

Socrates has had this look like someone has pissed in his Budweiser since he got here, so I do the right thing (not the easy thing) and offer to bring him back to my place for pork chop dinner. He says he wants to change out of his suit. I need to get gas, so we drop him at the hotel, go and get gas and are back in 5 minutes. We then wait 10 minutes for him, had to call his room to say we've been waiting-he'd said he'd be right down.

He asks to get some beer as we're heading to my place. I've got some Rolling Rocks (purchased for company, not a big beer drinker), but that's not good enough-Socrates ONLY drinks Budweiser. Okay. I'd promised my kids I would get them from daycare as soon as I get back home. As there's four of us in the car, I drop the others at the house, Socrates bitches that I didn't stop for him to get his beer. I tell him I'll grab some after I get the kids and run to the farm stand and grocery store. (This after enduring his thoughts on the public education system when he doesn't have kids and any first hand experience with it)

Upon picking my guys up, I see that younger son needs to go home and change, he's had a rough and tumble kind of day. We get back to the house, Socrates wants to know where the beer is-I show him child and tell him I need to change child's clothes.

Younger child has not seen much of me for several weeks, so he runs the errands with me, WalMart for lava rocks, farm stand and grocery store for Socrate's 12 pack of beer. We get back and he complains that I bought bottles-that's all I've seen him drink since he's been here.

We get back around 5 and he's antsy for the damn beer. Best friend came down from Jacksonville to be moral support and I've invited another friend for dinner. Spend the time prepping food and socializing. It appears that he's coming out of the pissy attitude. My poor friends have to hear my brother's warped views on life and politics. Socrates has an interesting take on things and chastises my husband for parenting incorrectly (he's got no kids and knows all).

All was okay, then I drove Socrates back to the hotel. I'll update that in a little bit...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously