I Think I'm Gonna Need a Bigger...

tub!

This basket contains about 90% of the paper content gained in courses for my M.Ed degree. (There are a few things stored elsewhere). Granted, I made a lot of audio, video, and content that are electronically housed.



Halfway through my second year of my doctoral program, this is the tub I bought today to house all the papers I have collected. Mind you, one of my textbooks is 1,500 pages, so I opted to get the PDF version of it, and only print out every 5th chapter. To do literature reviews and dissertation proposals, though, one has to annotate many peer-review journal articles, and for those, I also try to highlight PDF files on the iPad and make notes in a rather large spreadsheet.

This is not always ideal, as I may want to note things in the body of the article, so I do print out more than I'd prefer to do. The home printer prints in duplex, so I haven't even gone through the case of paper that I bought this time last year (just opened the 3rd ream, in fact. So, while at Staples looking for more storage boxes for my office space, I thought the bigger tub would be more than sufficient.

My stuff doesn't fit. (the stuff outside the box is just for the ONE class this semester.)

I have 8 more classes and perhaps two semesters of research and dissertation writing and editing. Guess I need to get more boxes, and maybe break them out into years of the program to better locate articles later.

Once I get that squared away, there's the small matter of the bookshelves. They seem to be overflowing, too-and that doesn't even include my pleasure reading that never got unpacked from the last move, lest I be tempted to crack open a favorite book to read, instead of lit review reading...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unna Boot from Hell...

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Green Mountain Grills-Daniel Boone