Fresh Produce Delivered to My Door

A friend shared a link to a local farm that delivers produce every week. Yep, you place an order from the fresh items they have in stock, pay, and they have delivery days to various places in my county. (If you're in Polk County Florida, check out Red Tractor Produce.

Last week, I ordered their $20 box, picked what I wanted, and had a box full of bok choy, potatoes, oranges, carrots, peppers, organic bananas, a pair of mangoes and a pair of avocados. Everything looked great, and so far, I've been pleased with the quality of the produce. This is definitely something that will become a regular habit, as I like to shop the local farm stands, but it's hard to get to them after work. This solves that problem, and unlike a cooperative, I get to choose what I get.

The bok choy was planned to be in a stir fry and I finally got to do that tonight. A couple the peppers and three heads of the bok choy, two onions, two cloves of garlic, three pork chops sliced thin, some sesame oil, five spice blend, and sweet chili sauce and dinner was ready in a jiffy.



I don't think I'm waiting to use the rest of the bok choy, it will be part of dinner tomorrow.

Comments

AM Nichols said…
Cool service. Wish we had something like that around here!

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously