Four More Years

I thought this one was going to be worse than 2000, when I went to bed at 3am not knowing who would be president, the words of Tim Russert "It all comes down to Florida" still in my ears.

This election cycle, we heard a lot of people suggesting we ask ourselves if we are better off now than we were four years ago. For me? Heck yes. I lost my house in early 2008, lost my job in August 2008(after spending almost a year underemployed) and spent three years unemployed.

I went back to school. I got a degree. I started a second degree. I got a decent part time job. I finished the second degree, and now I'm working on a doctorate. If not for the things that happened four years ago, I still would be saying "I wish I could go back to school." I did all the things I wanted to, because things for me were horrible four years ago.

Congratulations, Mr. President. My hope is that your next four years can bring more positive change to our nation, especially since it looks like you've got a democratic senate behind you now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously