Global Warming, My Tucchus!

It is 29 degrees outside right now. TWENTY NINE! In Florida!

So, I did what any other rational person does when faced with cold, winter weather: I cooked. Then I baked, and then I baked some more. First, one of my favorite winter meals that Mom would make, loin of pork with roasted potatoes and pan dripping gravy. The difference is that I seasoned it like I was making Pernil instead of Mom's salt, pepper and garlic.

Then, I made a boat load and a half of cookies. Chocolate chip, oatmeal cranberry, peanut butter, then peanut butter cookie cups with Reece's peanut butter cups inside. My friend Meghan's mom, Betty, offered some pumpkin bread in exchange for cookies and that sounded good. So did a nice dinner, so they dined with us tonight. On a cold night, it's good to have company and lively conversation to keep you warm.

Now, I'm relaxing in my flannel USF jammies and enjoying the idea that my fridge has plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week. Yum!


Comments

Unknown said…
Cookies!!! Yum. And Pumpkin Bread. Yum. If it wasn't so freakin' cold by you I'd offer to come and help you eat all that stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously