Ooooh, Pretty

Ed builds computers. It sucks that he can't make a living doing that, because he would love to build computers for a segment that is unable to use plug and play machines from Best Buy.

Anyway, for the past two years, he's been buying a piece here and a piece there for his newest machine. Put it this way, the machine he built in 2000 was able to keep up with the advances in technology until 2006. He's got a good handle on that stuff.
He finally got the last few items from eBay and finished his newest machine a few days ago. (the parts were ordered before I lost my job). It's pretty.

Unfortunately, the camera hasn't cooperated in giving me clear pictures. I'm showing the blurry ones, because I just think it's so gosh darn cool-I want a new laptop that does the same thing!




The red lights? That was a complete fluke. He fired up the new motherboard and was surprised to find it had lighting underneath it. Kismet?

Here's what it looks like when you use the flash. Yes, the case is clear.
I think it looks better in the dark.

Now I've got the oldest machine in the house. Guess it's a good thing I don't need a faster machine to blog. Besides, I'm angling for a Crackberry or some other web capable phone once I'm in the land of the employed again...

Comments

Gypsydoodlebug said…
Ooo pretty!
Lainey said…
OMG, you should see our server. It looks a LOT like that! However our memory also has little LED lights that show how much "use" is going on. I love pretty computers like that!

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously