Christmas getting to know you Meme

Mandy, once again, has come up with a good one. Of course, this means I'm borrowing. :)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. Ed and I do the majority of it after the kids have gone to bed and don't get done until after 2am.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. Living where it's warm for December has killed the live tree thing, as has my allergy to pine. (several days of welts on my arms just to have the smell in the house is stupid, isn't it?)
3. When do you put up the tree?
The past few years, we'd start on Thanksgiving. It'll probably start on Wednesday night and be a work in progress this week.
4. When do you take the tree down?
No hurry, sometime in January, lol
5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes, we all do. However, 5 bucks for a half gallon that doesn't have dye in it means I'll only be buying the nog for the week prior to Christmas rather than the whole month. The kids love it, and Ed and I especially like it with Southern Comfort. Our tradition is to make Eggnog pancakes or French Toast on Christmas Morning.
6. Favorite gift received?
From Ed, the iPod and the Kitchenaid mixer are the best. From anyone else, the camera Dad gave me when I was in 9th grade
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, and Ed is adamant that Jesus does not go out until after midnight on Christmas.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Bill, my stepdad. Anyone retired is tough.
9 Easiest person to buy for?
Ed. I've always got a few ideas that work, the only limit is the finances.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A regifted sweater that was a small when I wore a large.
  • 1. I don't do sweaters
  • 2. I don't do sequins
  • 3. I don't do tight clothing.

  • 11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
    Mail, but they probably are still sitting here from 2005 and 2006.
    12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
    "Miracle on 34th Street"
    13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
    When I see stuff. When I still bought for the whole family, the September through November birthday frenzy screwed any early Christmas shopping.
    14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
    Yes, when the gift was more appropriate to that person.
    15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
    Cookies
    16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
    Blue lights. We have a prelit tree with multi colored lights, but if I had my way, it'd be all blue.
    17. Favorite Christmas song?
    Again, just one? Modern is "Christmas Wrapping", traditional is a toss up between "O Come, O Come Emmanuel", "Silent Night", " "Halleluiah Chorus", "O Holy Night". Christmas is all about singing 4 part harmonies!
    18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
    Stay home. That is the preference, anyway.
    19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
    Yes, Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen Comet Cupid Donner Blitzen. (see what happens when you sing all those Christmas Carols over and over)
    20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
    Actually, Tinkerbell in a santa dress.
    21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
    Morning. One of my favorite movie monologues addresses this (Kevin Costner, Bull Durham).
    22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
    People who just don't get the idea that "I want it NOW" is not an endearing character trait. (I'm sorry, it takes me 2 minutes to get to the wrapping area, 5 minutes to wrap and 2 minutes to get it back to you!)
    23. What do you like most about Christmas?
    I have to pick one thing?(right there with Mandy's answer)

    Comments

    Gypsydoodlebug said…
    Sequins on sweaters? Not past the age of 9.
    Anonymous said…
    How 'bout that? Not only am I reading the blog, I'm commenting on it! :)

    Favorite Christmas song? I know we always sang it in the Winter concert, but sorry...gotta get technical on you here. Handel's Hallelujah Chorus is actually in the Easter section of the Messiah. Blame Tal for the brainwashing. ;)
    Suzanne said…
    I know it's part of the Easter portion, but like "My favorite things", it is something that gets played and sung at Christmas.

    Oh, and I prefer "Surely, He Hath Bourne our Griefs", but you don't hear that on the radio! :)

    Popular posts from this blog

    Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

    Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

    Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously