But will I like it?

Ed shared this tidbit of news with me a few minutes ago:

Starbucks retraining baristas on Feb. 26

Seattle Times business reporter

Starbucks will close 7,100 stores nationwide for three hours on the evening of Feb. 26 to retrain about 135,000 in-store employees and people who oversee the stores.

"We will have all new standards for how we create the drinks," said spokeswoman Valerie O'Neil. "They will be trained in creating the perfect shot, steaming the milk and all the pieces that come together in a drink."

Some people have speculated that Starbucks will return to manual espresso machines, but O'Neil said the espresso-making equipment will be the same. "It's really about ensuring that the customer experience that we provide is the best that it can be."


My complaint with $tarbuck$ has always been that it tastes burnt. Will this training session change that? If I am craving a jolt of java and the only coffee around is Starbucks, I skip it.


What can I say? Barnie's spoiled me and Indigo took me even further away. Indigo's Indulgence is such a smooth blend in comparison. Besides, Starbucks, in an effort to bolster their market share in Florida, bought all the Barnie's storefronts. Thank God the coffee is still around.

So, heads up if you like Starbucks coffee-you won't be able to get it for three hours.

I think I'll survive! ;)

Comments

Gypsydoodlebug said…
I'll take random Tuesday night training for $500, Alex.

I looooooove Starbucks lattes and other frothy drinks, but you're right -- I really really needed a jolt last week while we were in the Tampa airport and I got a cup of regular coffee with an extra shot of espresso and it was like liquid ass in a cup. Not so tasty.
Gypsydoodlebug said…
I'll take random Tuesday night training for $500, Alex.

I looooooove Starbucks lattes and other frothy drinks, but you're right -- I really really needed a jolt last week while we were in the Tampa airport and I got a cup of regular coffee with an extra shot of espresso and it was like liquid ass in a cup. Not so tasty.
Suzanne said…
When you're at WDW, if you venture off property and see a Barnies, try them. They make the most awesome flavored coffees. I'm partial to their Santa's White Christmas.

In Tampa, the one to try is Indigo. Yum. I went from hating coffee, to having a cup or two a week to now nearly every day because of these two places. And that's after not even wanting a sip of any coffee for 37 years
Grandy said…
I'm with you...burnt and expensive. Do you have Peet's Coffee in Florida??

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously